There’s something about Spring that makes me play nothing but indie music and nostalgic songs. Instead of my usual Mixtape Monday, I decided to switch it up and share with y’all a playlist of what I’m currently listening to. Listen while you read HERE.
- Lovely Day- Bill Withers: Honestly I heard this song on a Nationwide Insurance commercial and I’ve been obsessed with it ever since.
- Pretty Girl From San Diego- The Avett Brothers: This entire album makes me so emotional. Cliche because the album is literally called Emotionalism.
- You Remind Me Of Home- Death Cab For Cutie
- Unamused- Made Violent: I saw this band by chance a couple weeks ago and I’m obsessed.
- Chicago- Sufjan Stevens
- I Go Blind- Hootie & The Blowfish: One of the best songs from the Friends soundtrack in my opinion.
- Coming Home- Leon Bridges: I’m not one for romance, but this song makes me feel romantic AF.
- Maggie May- Rod Stewart: This song reminds me of riding in the car & singing along with my mom. It makes me so happy.
- Pink Lemonade- James Bay: This is one of two songs I saw James Bay perform on SNL & it’s so great.
- Like We Go- Zeke Duhon: I first heard this song on a commercial we did for work. Zeke is a such a great songwriter and has a beautiful voice. I highly suggest checking out the rest of his music on Spotify.
- Thank God For Girls- Weezer: I just really love Weezer.
- Neon- John Mayer: Room For Squares is 100% John Mayer’s best album.
- Take It Easy- Eagles: Also reminds me of singing along with my mom.
- The Man- The Killers
- Fire and Rain- James Taylor- This song is so gorgeous.
What are some of your favorite indie or nostalgic songs? Tell me in the comments what I should add to my playlist!