Anyone who knows me knows that I am a total product junkie. Whether it be bath products (I’m looking at you, LUSH), hair care, nail polish, or makeup. You’ll find all varieties stashed in various places in my bathroom, bedroom, car, closet, purses…you name it.
In 2016, I got hugely into name brand makeup. A big contributor to that was my sister moved in with me and brought along products like the amazing Becca Champagne Pop highlighter by Jaclyn Hill, which influenced me to add to my collection. Today, I decided to challenge myself and reach deep into my makeup bag & go back to basics with my first love, the drug store makeup.
My drug store collection is honestly comprised of random impulse buys from Walgreens and Target runs, when that paycheck hits and you gotta buy that new lip shade, but don’t feel like hauling it all the way to the mall for Sephora. We can all relate to that feeling, right? Drug store makeup catches a lot of flack, so today I wanted to combat that with a look similar to what I would do with a full face of high-end products, but comprised completely of drug store brands. Here’s a photo of what I used.
- Elf eyeshadow brushes
- Maybelline SuperStay Better Skin Pressed Powder in Porcelain
- NYX Lip Butter in Mauve (discontinued)
- Elf Everyday Smoky Palette
- Elf HD Undereye Setting Powder
- L’Oreal Voluminous Fiber Lashes Mascara
- Elf Under Eye Concealer & Highlighter
- CoverGirl Classic Color Blush in Soft Mink
- L’Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation in 101 Classic Ivory
- NYX First Base Primer Spray
- NYX Matte Finish Setting Spray
- Maybelline Unstoppable Waterproof Eyeliner in Onyx
- Maybelline Brow Precise Shaping Pencil in Auburn
- Elf face brushes
And here is how everything turned out!
Overall, I’m really happy with how this look turned out. I’ve had bronchits this week, so my face has been super splotchy from fever and the like, and this foundation/powder combo really provided a lot of coverage (although I still love my Tarte foundation & could never give it up!) What did I miss most? My Becca Champagne Pop, of course.
What about you? Could you go all drug store brands, 100% of the time? Tell me in the comments! Xoxo.